- Easy installation of software packages and dependencies
- Automatic updates of installed packages
- Uninstallation of packages and dependencies
- Ability to customize software installations with different options and versions
- Access to a large and active community of developers who contribute to Homebrew's package repository
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)"
Following will be at the end of the installation, Copy and run that in the Mac CLI.
(echo; echo 'eval "$(/opt/homebrew/bin/brew shellenv)"') >> /Users/<Username>/.zprofile\n eval "$(/opt/homebrew/bin/brew shellenv)"
xcode-select --install is a command that installs the command-line tools for Xcode on your Mac. Xcode is a development environment for macOS that provides tools for developing software for macOS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. The command-line tools for Xcode include a variety of tools and libraries that are necessary for building and compiling software on your Mac, even if you are not using Xcode itself.
Running xcode-select --install will open a dialog box that prompts you to install the command-line tools for Xcode. This may take a few minutes to complete, depending on your internet connection speed.
The installation script for Homebrew will download and install the necessary files and dependencies for Homebrew, and will configure your system to use Homebrew as your default package manager.